I believe you have a unique purpose and life that you’re meant to live, but it’s hard to do when you feel drained, overwhelmed and at times like crap! My mission is to help you feel energetic, vibrant and self confident so you can enjoy and make the most of your life even when it gets hectic and stressful at times. I want to help you feel better so your family can feel better too. Does your life sometimes feel like your going through the motions and each day is like the other? Are you sometimes trying to just get through the day instead of enjoying it? Are you really tired and feel like crap? And what about your self confidence? Are you unhappy with the way your body looks especially after pregnancy? I want to help you get over all these things.
I’m Annika, a mother of two young children, happily married and living in Helsinki, Finland. I’m passionate about helping you increase your energy and confidence so you can live the kind of life you dream of. Because, let’s face it, when your low on energy and confidence, it’s hard to do the things you want to be doing. I also believe it’s easier to be a better mom, when you feel good.
I’ve struggled with digestive issues for years. I’ve been so bloated that I looked like I was 7 months pregnant! I felt so uncomfortable and overall tired and crappy. I got headaches and heartburn after eating. I didn’t sleep well and it was hard for me to fall back asleep when the kids would wake me during the night. And it was hard to explain to anyone how bad I was feeling, because to the outside worlds I looked healthy. On top of that my first born was a lousy sleeper. She had mild reflux and colic and would wake up every half an hour. Luckily she grew out of it by the age of 7 months and started sleeping 3-4 hours at a time. We then had our second daughter 2 years and 2 days after the first one. I’m happy to say she was a better sleeper. Nonetheless I was really tired and I just kept thinking to myself that if I can’t impact how much I’m sleeping, I’m going to do whatever I can in other areas of my life to get more energy! That’s what put me on a path to finding out anything and everything there was to do to get healthy and energetic and feel good about myself (even with dirty hair and unfamiliar body). This is when I decided to go into nutrition and it’s been a long and a bit complicated journey as nutritional science is often conflicting and everyday there seems to be a new study coming out! It became however very clear to me what kind of impact nutrition, our thoughts and lifestyles have on our well being.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
You only have one life to live so make the most of it!